IDLab members at the 24th Yasin (April) International Academic Conference
The 24th Yasin (April) International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development (hereinafter the '24th Yasin Conference' or the 'Conference') was held at the HSE from April 4 to 14. As part of the thematic areas of the 24th Yasin Conference, the laboratory also made its reports on new research results.
The reports presented at the Conference address a wide range of topical issues of the country's economic and social development. The main part of the presentations are research reports of Russian and foreign scientists, a full list of which can be found on the event page.
IDLab employees have performed in several sections of the 24th Yasin Conference this year.
On April 4, the following reports were presented in the section Digital economy:
• «Evidence-based case study of IT-driven productivity» (Molodchik M.A., Shakina E.A., Daviy A.O.) (abstract)
• «Evaluation of the efficiency losses for Russian companies because of the departure of foreign IT product vendors» (Teplykh G.V., Naidenova I.N.) (abstract)
• «Who is more likely to generate blockbuster innovations? Evidence from open-source software» (Naidenova I.N., Shakina E.A., Parshakov P.A.) (abstract)
April 6 in the section Instrumental methods in economic and social studies:
• «Discovering packaging effect on chocolate willingness to pay: evidence from EEG experiment» (Semenova D.V., Zaripova J.O., Kulikova S.P., Molodchik M.A.) (abstract)
• «Evaluation of return on IT capital in Russian regions» (Teplykh G.V.) (abstract)
April 13 in the section Social and cultural processes:
• «Topic Modelling Perspective on the Cultural Consumption Studies Field» (Papushina I.O., Shenkman E.A.) (abstract)
April 14 in the section Firms and Markets:
• « Bank-firm interlocking Boards in Russia: Does it help to raise financial resources? » (Kirpishchikov D.A., Zavertiaeva M.A., Shenkman E.A.) (abstract)