IDLab members took part in ONLINE conferences
This week researchers of IDLab took part in two sports economics confrences: 1st NAASE virtual conference and joint 4th Eastern Conference on Football Economics & 6th Western Conference on Football and Finance.
29 June - 1 July the 1st NAASE (North American Association of Sports Economics) virtual conference was held. IDLab researchers (HSE University - Perm) presented 3 studies:
- Anna Bykova, Dennis Coates and Petr Parshakov presented the study: "Is wage dispersion different from ability dispersion? Evidence from MLS"
- Dennis Coates and Petr Parshakov presented the study: "The Wisdom of Crowds and Transfer Market Values"
- Petr Parshakov, Maria Molodchik and Sofia Paklina presented the study: "Peer effects and individual performance: Evidence from association football"
3rd July, the joint conference 4th Eastern Conference on Football Economics & 6th Western Conference on Football and Finance took place. It was organized by HSE University, New Economics School and Reading University. IDLab members presented 2 studies:
- Nadezhda Votintseva (HSE University – Perm) Does beauty affect salary? An empirical analysis of MLS dataCo-authors: Petr Parshakov (HSE University – Perm); Thadeu Gasparetto (HSE University – Saint Petersburg)
- Petr Parshakov (HSE University – Perm) Is Team Masculinity Beneficial for Performance? Evidence from Major League Soccer Co-authors: Dmitry Kirpishchikov (HSE University – Perm), Zavertiaeva Marina (HSE University – Perm)