Cross-regional studies: call for participation in the project
The International Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy (HSE) under supervision of prof. Dennis Coates and in collaboration with the Center for Institutional Studies (HSE) under supervision by Elena Podkolzina, researcher Irina Mirkina, and Olga Demidova (HSE-Moscow), is announcing the launch of the new project devoted to Cross-regional studies. The project is aimed at expanding research based on Russian data.
We are inviting bright students to write term papers and theses at bachelor and master level on the following project-related topics supported from Perm:
- Determinants of Economic Growth in Russian Regions
- Determinants of Gasoline Prices: Spatial Analysis
- Development of Human Capital at Regional Level
- Index of Economic Freedom of Russian Regions
- Impact of Spatial Effects on Regional Development
- Determinants of Regional Competitiveness
- Institutional Development and Regional performance
- Investment attractiveness and innovation potential of regions
- Digital transformation of the region: evaluation of regional digital potential
More topics supported from Moscow:
- Inequality and Crime — Cross-regional Perspectives
- Institutions, Elections and Economic Development Indicators
- Impact of Price Shocks on Regional Indicators
- Public Procurement, Elections and Corruption
- Climatic Risks Zoning of the Russian Territory
- Economic Supports to Vulnerable Consumers: Estimation of Regional Effects
- Regional Innovation Networks and Firms' Growth
- Regional Economic Growth and Circular Economy
- Regional Public Funds/Services/Utilities/Infrastructure: Effects on Economic Growth
You will work on the ongoing dataset on Russia, write papers and have them published, build your way to or through special master and PhD courses and attain a degree.
The selected candidates are to perform a literature review, data collection, and descriptive statistics analysis.
- Regular workshops for discussion of your study with feedback from the members of the project.
- Joint supervision of your research by members of the project.
- Support and advice from leading scholars – prof. Dennis Coates, Koen Schoors, Paola Valbonesi, Irina Mirkina, Leonid Polishchuk.
- Monthly webinars with participants from all research centers involved in the project.
- Wide space to develop your research, communication and presentation skills.
- An opportunity to receive the recommendation letter for application to master and PhD programs.
- Proficiency in English
- Strong motivation to work hard and meet deadlines
For application: To apply, please, send your CV with the selected topic to Mariia Molodchik email@example.com or Anna Bykova firstname.lastname@example.org.